Most people don’t realize that whiteheads are indeed a type of acne. They can usually be found on your face, particular nose and chin. Oil, dirt, and bacteria are some of the elements that clog the skin and cause the formation of whiteheads.
It is important to note that whiteheads differ from blackheads and can be distinguished, as the name itself suggests by their color. Keep in mind that whiteheads can also be yellow. Whiteheads are white (yellow) because they form under the skin and do not get oxidized. The following article will show you how to get rid of the whiteheads on your nose in a fast and natural way.
CAUSES OF WHITEHEADS
The following are some of the main cause of whiteheads (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitehead).
Sometimes, certain skin products will harm your skin instead of protecting it. Whiteheads can be just one of the results of such instances.
You will likely to have whiteheads (or more whiteheads) if you are undergoing through some hormonal changes (such as puberty). Once the hormonal changes revert to normal levels, you should have fewer whiteheads or any other form of acne.
Excess Exfoliation (too much oil in the pores)
If your skin contains too much oil, you are likely to get a case of whiteheads or other acne. Too much oil in your skin can trap bacteria and trip causing acne.
Bacteria and dead skin can also be some of the causes of whiteheads and other acne.
HOME REMEDIES TO REMOVE WHITEHEADS
You can buy various skin products, some of which are specifically designed to get rid of whiteheads and blackheads, but many home remedies can do the job just as good. The following are some of the most popular and effective ways to get rid of whiteheads
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Did you know that you can use Apple Cider Vinegar if you are out of any astringent or toner? Apple Cider Vinegar has components that can help kill bacteria that cause whiteheads and other types of acne. It cleanses the skin by removing extra oil and dirt on your face.
- Put a tablespoon of apple cider in a cup of water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mix on the affected skin on your face.
- Leave it on for about 20 min.
- Wash it off with some warm water.
2. Strawberries (for whiteheads on nose)
One might not think of strawberries as a way of dealing with whiteheads, but they can be quite effective. Its texture, which is not as soft as that of other berries or other fruits in general, is, in fact, the key element to help you deal with acne. Strawberries work by removing dirt trapped under the skin and dead skin cells which cause the whiteheads to appear.
- Mash the strawberries to make a thick paste.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to make the paste
- Spread the paste over the affected area on your face.
- Leave it on for about 15 min.
- Do this at least twice a week.
3. Lemon Juice
Everybody knows how lemon loaded with vitamin C which can be good for you in many ways. However, lemon also has additional components which can do wonders for your skin. Lemon juice can help your skin to rejuvenate fast and completely remove the whiteheads
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Get the lemon juice out and remove the lemon
- Take the skin and rub it over your face for about few minutes.
- Do it twice a week.
4. Lime Juice
Even though it might be primarily used for getting rid of blackheads found on the skin since it has anti-oxidant properties (just like lemon), lime juice can also be an effective aid against whiteheads. It can work by removing dead seated oil under your skin’s surface which might be the main cause of your whiteheads.
- Make a solution by mixing lime juice with groundnut oil.
- Rub the solution on the affected areas of your face.
- Keep doing it regularly for the best possible results.
5. Steam (for whiteheads on nose)
It’s practically common knowledge that steaming is done before facial cleansing at any dermatologist’s or a spa. The steam opens up your pores, making it easier to remove the whiteheads. Additionally, it can remove any other dirt or bacteria to give your skin a smooth, clear shine.
- Fill a cup with water and bring it to a boil.
- Place the boiling water in a clean container.
- Put your face in the container.
- Steam for about 10 min.
- Pat your face dries with a clean towel.
A lot of oatmeal based products (such as soaps) are being produced for face cleansing purposes. It is simply because oatmeal is a great exfoliator, removing dead skin or bacteria stuck on your face.
- Mix powdered oatmeal with regular yogurt.
- After mixing apply it on your face and leave it for about 15-20 min.
- Wash it with warm water first and then with cold water to close the pores.
- Do it twice a week.
7. Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood is one of the safest home remedies for skin care. It is very mild, and it can do a great job in preventing the appearance of whiteheads. Sandalwood removes excess oil from the skin which is one of main cause for the appearance of whiteheads.
- Mix the sandalwood powder with some rose water (rose water with rose petal extract)
- Keep mixing until you form a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face for 10 min.
- Wash it off with some water.
8. Sugar Scrub
Besides using in the kitchen, sugar can be a great exfoliator, helping to remove bacteria, dead skin cells, and dirt trapped under the surface of your skin.
- Form a paste out of sugar and honey.
- Apply the paste gently on your face.
- Keep rubbing and massaging your face (cover the whole face)
- Keep it on for about 10 min.
- Use a clean cloth or a towel to wipe it off.
- Wash off whatever is left with some water.
- Do it once a week.
9. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can work just as well as Apple Cider Vinegar. Working as an astringent it will remove excess oil underneath the skin. However, Tea Tree Oil can not only prevent whiteheads from appearing in the first place but also remove them because of its anti-bacterial properties.
- Put a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton swab.
- Dab the tea tree oil on affected areas.
- Apply on the skin and keep it on for about 30 min.
- Wash it off with cold water.
10. Fenugreek Leaves
While a lot of home remedies can only be a temporary solution and whiteheads may reappear if you don’t keep using them, fenugreek leaves can help you get rid of whiteheads permanently. You will need to use fenugreek paste for a certain period. It can be especially effective on the whiteheads which appear on your nose.
- Mix fenugreek leaves with water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face before you go to sleep and leave it on overnight.
- After you wake up, wipe the paste off your face.
- Wash whatever it’s left with some cold water.